Abbey Community First is a grant fund for community initiatives benefiting the residents of Abbey ward.
We are now receiving applications until the end of December and decisions will be made at the end of January. Funding will be paid in Februaru. If you are interested in applying for funding from Community First Abbey Ward, the following can help you decide if you are eligible:
To receive Community First funding your group or organisation must:
- be a not-for-profit, third sector voluntary or community group
- be connected with and/or meeting the needs of the local community
- have a bank account with 2 signatories OR nominate an organisation which has a bank account with 2 signatories to hold funds on its behalf
- have a governing document that has as a minimum the name, aim/purpose, objects, a dissolution clause for the organisation, a list of Trustees/Committee members, and Trustees/Committee member signatures. New groups are not required to have this in place, but should agree to develop one.
- provide evidence of significant community participation in their application through the group’s matched element to the project
- show that your project is in line with the priorities identified for Abbey ward.